What doesn´t kill you only makes you stronger. Or fucks you up mentally if your not strong enough. But I think everyone is, you just have to find the strenght in you!
I think I went through the most difficult time in my life when I was at third grade. It was early fall exactly eight years ago when I was diagnosed with diabetes. And I know it doesn´t sound too bad but obliviously it was a huge shock and it took me a total of three days crying my eyes of before I decided that I won´t cry over something I can´t change. Because ignoring obliviously wasn´t a choice I had to adapt a whole punch of new things in really short time. And after just a tiny amount of arguing against it I was willing to learn.
Even though the whole disease itself was frightening I was actually most scared about the huge amount of things doctors denied from me. But back then I was pretty much like still in these days and did not listen. The fact that I could still do stuff like before by just doing them changed my view on life. I realized that diabetes does not define me, it´s just a part of who I´m. And that applies to all. There is still things I can´t do though I want to but I´ve learned to let go those. And I´ve learned to listen to myself.
I don´t think that the difficulties with diabetes have ever made me too unhappy. Sometimes it´s hard because people don´t always realize how big part of my life this really is and how much I do to keep it in control. But honestly I think the bright side is bigger. I´ve got more self-confident by knowing I can accomplish almost whatever I want. I also trust that I really do know what´s best for me. If something, this all have definitely made me stronger, and I´ve realized it´s best to take whatever comes to you as it was a choice.
Eve X(oxo)



Ei kommentteja:
Lähetä kommentti
Wanna define me? Go ahead.